November 7-8 – Air Force Research Lab Tech Exchange
- When: Nov 7-8
- Where: Davis Technical College, Kaysville, UT 84037
- Note: This is a private event that requires approval to attend. See details below.
In conjunction with the Utah Advanced Manufacturing Week, UAMMI and the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) are hosting a Tech Exchange event. The event is a chance for organizations with new ideas for sustainment technology of Air Force systems to present their ideas to the AFRL team and identify opportunities for collaboration. The Air Force is seeking innovators with early stage ideas (TRL 1-6) that could be developed into new sustainment capabilities and wants to collaborate with them to bring the ideas to fruition.
AFRL is looking for ideas that meet the following criteria:
Scope of Sustainment Efforts
Technological improvements of
- fielded aircraft or missile system readiness or affordability
- depot maintenance/repair/overhaul operations
- field/flightline maintenance operations.
- Enhancements to material systems to improve sustainability
- Enhancements to materials and manufacturing processes
- Robotics and Automation
- Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Digital Thread/Digital Twin
- Life management/extension methodologies for metals and composites
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (including quantifying effectiveness when using low fidelity and sparse data)
- Nondestructive Inspection/Evaluation of metals and composites (including improved inspections techniques, new methods to reliably detect smaller crack sizes, buried flaw detection, residual stress measurements, inspections under coatings, etc.)
Interested organizations may submit proposed topics from the above list or other topics related to sustainment that they think are relevant to this tech exchange format. Organizations may submit more than one topic, but each topic submission should be no more than one page. All submissions are due to UAMMI by COB on Friday, October 18. Submissions will then be reviewed by UAMMI and AFRL teams and selected organizations will be invited to make a 30 minute presentation at the Tech Exchange on either Nov 7th or 8th (TBD).
If you are interested in submitting a topic, or have questions, please contact Jeff Edwards (UAMMI Executive Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-593-2236.