UAMMI Supply Chain Conference – 03.01.17
The first-ever Utah Composites Supply Chain Conference was held on March 1st at the SLCC Miller Campus in Sandy, Utah. The conference was held in conjunction with the 12th Annual Wasatch Front Materials Expo which ran that same evening next door. By all accounts, both events were very successful.
Highlights of the events were:
- 150+ conference attendees comprised of: Composite company executives, composite business staff, composite technical staff, government officials, economic development personnel, IMCP personnel, educators/students
- 12 industry-leading speakers presented relevant topics and insight. Speakers were:
- Brent Strong, SAMPE Utah
- Val Hale & Ben Hart, State of Utah
- Sanjay Mazumdar, Luncintel
- Sarah Lehman, Enve Composites
- Suraj Rawal, Lockheed Martin
- Mark Brandley, Plasan Composites
- Gregg Balko, SAMPE
- Dale Brosius, IACMI
- Mark Ripke, Boeing
- William Hooper, Orbital ATK
- Darin Friess, Albany Engineered Composites
- 400+ Attendees to adjoining Wasatch Front Materials Expo
- UAMMI booth drew over 300 attendees, many of which came to register for a free KLOS Carbon Fiber Guitar giveaway. UAMMI give 2 guitars away later that evening at the expo.
UAMMI is already looking forward to next year’s conference and expo and with dates to be announced soon.