The schedule for the Spring 2019 CrossTalk conference has been announced. CrossTalk is an all-day learning exchange event where industry experts will share the latest research and trends in advanced materials and manufacturing. It will consist of expert presentations, discussions, networking breaks and lunch! It will be held on March 27th in conjunction with the Wasatch Front Materials Expo which immediately follows. RSVP for CrossTalk here.
- 9:30-10:00 Check-in & Registration
- 10:00-10:45 Keynote: Phil Singerman, Associate Director for Innovation and Industry Services, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) – Manufacturing Trends & Resources for Growth.
- 10:45-11:15 UAMMI Presentation – New Resources to Help Grow Your Business in Utah
- 11:15-11:45 Gunnar Merz (CFK Valley – German Advanced Materials Association) – Composite Developments for Aerospace, Construction and Transportation
- 11:45-12:30 Lunch & Networking
- 12:30-1:15 Steve Dehmlow, CEO, Composites One – Understanding & Supporting Industry Growth Trends
- 1:15-1:45 Dave Emmett, GE Additives – Adopting Additive Manufacturing into the Manufacturing Process
- 1:45-2:15 Nathan Phillips, TCR Composites – Exploring TCR Composites’ New Aerospace Pre-Preg Resin
- 2:15-2:30 Networking Break
(Note: From 2:30 – 4:00 There Are Two Tracks)
TRACK ONE – TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
- 2:30-3:00 George Hansen, Founder, Conductive Composites – Preparing for Product Development Opportunities
- 3:00-3:30 John Hopkins, CEO, IACMI – The Composites Institute: Connecting Regional Ecosystems for National Competitiveness in Manufacturing
- 3:30-4:00 Ben Garcia, Materials R&D Mgr, Northrop Gruman – Composite Trends: Cost Reduction & Widespread Integration
TRACK TWO – INTRODUCTION TO COMPOSITES
- 2:30-4:00 Intro to Composites Tutorial, for General Interest, Vendors, Government, Marketing Departments, Students etc.