The UAMMI Board of Directors recently established a new mission statement and guiding principles for UAMMI. They are:
The mission of UAMMI is to ensure that Utah is the global leader in value-added advanced materials, manufacturing, technology development, and design by integrating industry, academic and government contributors in ways that enhance collaboration, promote business opportunities, share knowledge resulting from relevant research and engage a skilled and trained workforce.
- Innovate Advanced Material: Our focus is on expanding the innovation and use of all advanced materials with a primary emphasis on carbon composites, along with other materials including ceramics, biomaterials and materials yet to be developed.
- Growth Through New Uses: We foster and encourage new uses of advanced materials in all applications, across all industries, and integral to all manufacturing.
- Industry Solution: We actively seek solutions to today’s industry-relevant problems and challenges.
- Relevant Research: We encourage and support all relevant research conducted by academic, corporate and independent researchers that leads to the discovery of new advanced materials, new uses for these materials and the adoption of new manufacturing processes that produce measurable benefits.
- Alignment: We leverage our resources with those from selected partners delivering services and programs complimentary to our own in order to increase our impact and benefit to the industry.