You won’t find them at your local rim shop. In fact, you can only get them on one model. That doesn’t make these Porsche Braided Carbon Wheels any less impressive. They pair a center piece made from 200 individual pieces of carbon fiber fabric with a rim base crafted on the world’s largest carbon fiber braiding machine (it’s nearly 30 feet in diameter). The completed wheel is treated with resin, pre-hardened at extreme pressures and temperatures, and protected with clear lacquer, resulting in a wheel that’s 20% lighter and stronger than the next best rim. Fittingly, they’re only available on the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Recent News & Articles
- Director’s Message Nov 2018 – Telling Utah’s Story
- Utah’s Rock West Composites Opens New Production Facility in Tijuana
- Utah’s Eclipse Composites Develops Long Fiber Composite Stamping Process For High Volume Applications
- Albany International reports big jump in 3Q sales – Growth in Utah
- Utah Composites One Facility Receives AS9120 RevB Multi-Site Certification