You won’t find them at your local rim shop. In fact, you can only get them on one model. That doesn’t make these Porsche Braided Carbon Wheels any less impressive. They pair a center piece made from 200 individual pieces of carbon fiber fabric with a rim base crafted on the world’s largest carbon fiber braiding machine (it’s nearly 30 feet in diameter). The completed wheel is treated with resin, pre-hardened at extreme pressures and temperatures, and protected with clear lacquer, resulting in a wheel that’s 20% lighter and stronger than the next best rim. Fittingly, they’re only available on the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Recent News & Articles
- Spring 2019 CrossTalk Conference Schedule Announced
- UAMMI, Davis County, & Grow Utah Announce Accelerator for Advanced Materials & 3D Print Innovations
- UAMMI Invitation to Participate at CFK Convention in Germany
- Director’s Message Jan 2019 – New Program for Industry Startups
- Utah’s Larry Ashton Posthumously Honored with SAMPE Lubin Award