CROSSTALK 2022: Emerging Opportunities in Aerospace & Defense for Advance Manufacturing
Hosted by UAMMI, CrossTalk 2022 is a learning exchange where experts share the latest industry trends and research. See the latest university research projects, hear from industry experts, and enjoy an afternoon of networking with the industry’s top influencers.
Join us at the Northern Utah Accelerator (formerly USTAR Building in Clearfield) for this informative and actionable FREE industry event.
March 23 – CrossTalk Reception – 6:00pm – 8:00pm MST
Join us the night before CrossTalk to network and enjoy refreshments, with a light dinner. Reception is included with your CROSSTALK registration.
Location: Catalyst Campus, 2324 Washington Blvd, Ogden
MARCH 24 – CROSSTALK 2022: EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES IN AEROSPACE & DEFENSE FOR ADVANCE MANUFACTURING
11:00-12:30pm – CROSSTALK 2022 Registration, Networking, and Lite-Lunch
12:30 – 1:00pm Keynote: Vision for Former USTAR Building
- Brad Mortenson, President Weber State University
1:00 – 1:15 Welcome & Update on UAMMI
- Tulinda Larsen, Executive Director UAMMI
1:15 -1:45 Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunities: Aerospace & Defense and Advanced Manufacturing
- Lance Soffe, Director Targeted Industries, Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunities
1:45- 2:15pm, Update on opportunities for small businesses to participate in the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center programs: Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent
- Craig Rees, Digital Transformation, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center
- Rob Watson, Small Business Liaison Officer, Strategic Deterrent Systems Division Northrop Grumman
2:15 – 2:30 U.S. Air Force Strategic Financing Opportunities for Small Business in Advanced Manufacturing
- JR Gibbens, Director of Strategic Capital, AFWERX
2:30 – 3:00 Space Dynamics Lab new programs with AFRL & NASA
- Robert Burt, Director of Engineering, Space Dynamics Lab
3:15-5:00PM SMALL BUSINESS MATCH-MAKING SESSIONS FOR AEROSPACE & DEFENSE PROJECTS
UAMMI Cluster members are invited to sign up for a 15 minute one-to-one session to discuss specific projects with the Small Business Liaison with Northrop Grumman. Companies will have an opportunity to present corporate qualifications and gather contracting information for follow up.
- Personal meeting with Small Business Liaison for Northrop Grumman Rob Watson, Small Business Liaison Officer, Strategic Deterrent Systems Division
- Private time to explore opportunities
Please email Melissa Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the schedule. She will confirm your 15 minute time slot, March 24th between 3:15 and 5:00pm.
3:45- 4:00 Understanding new Catalyst Campus opportunities for small businesses
- Aniza M. Brown, Executive Director Catalyst Campus for Technology & Innovation
4:00 – 4:30 Utah Aerospace Advance Manufacturing Center Business Plan Overview
- Guy Letendre, UAMMI Deputy Director
- Michael Dyment, NEXA Capital
4:30 – 5:30 Winning SBIRS/STTRs – Panel Discussion:
- Moderator Tulinda Larsen, Executive Director UAMMI
- Linda Cabrales, Go Utah
- Nate Hansen, Conductive Composites
- Brian Stearmer, Kihomac
- Greg Nielson, Nielson Scientific
5:30 Wrap Up
- Tulinda Larsen, Executive Director, UAMMI
Exploring Space In Utah (virtual event)
Don’t miss the encore virtual event Exploring Space in Utah, a virtual information session for engineering professionals looking to learn more about programs and life in Utah.
VISIT THE EXHIBITORS
Exhibitors will be setup during the event for attendees to visit and network with. This curated group offers programs and services to assist Utah’s advanced materials and manufacturing industry.
If you would like to exhibit please contact email@example.com
Tru by Hilton Clearfield Hill Air Force Base
640 North Falcon Hill Drive Clearfield, Utah 84015 USA
For assistance please contact Melissa Larsen at: firstname.lastname@example.org