- When: June 2, 2021
- Where: Virtual Event
- Registration: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bnWPNOFjRsaF1YUgApSuEA
Getting Your Women and Minority Owned Business CertifiCATION
Have you thought about getting your business certified to participate in diversity programs?
Speakers: Todd Bingham, Tulinda Larsen, Marla Trollan, and Paul Schneider
Join UMA and UAMMI to discuss the benefits of getting your woman-owned and
a minority-owned business certified to participate in federal, state, local, and corporate diversity programs. Marla Trollan, the Utah Director at the U.S. Small Business Administration, will provide an overview of the SBA programs, including the 8A designation. Paul Schneider, founder of HIT Executive Consulting, will provide insights into other certifications, including corporate diversity programs. Tulinda Larsen, now Executive Director UAMMI, certified her consulting business as a Woman-Owned Small Business and will share her experiences.
Questions to be answered:
– What are the benefits of getting certified for diversity programs?
– What are the different programs, i.e. SBA, federal, state, local and corporate programs?
– What organizations provide certifications for women or minority-owned businesses?
– What are the requirements to be a woman or minority-owned certified business?
– How does my company decide to get certified for diversity programs?
– How long does it take to get the certifications?
– How much does it cost to get certified?
– Where can companies get help through the certification process?
UMA President Todd Bingham will moderate this 60-minute PodCast to introduce and help women or minority-owned businesses decide to pursue certifications to participate in diversity programs. The panel will provide presentations, discuss among themselves, and then open for questions from the audience.