The Utah Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Initiative (UAMMI) is seeking an executive with advanced materials and manufacturing experience to lead our technical consulting services. The position reports to the Executive Director.
- Possesses unique Manufacturing Engineering knowledge in specialty and advanced materials and manufacturing technical areas.
- Represents UAMMI as manufacturing technical expert on projects, programs, and outreach to UAMMI member companies.
- Responsible for delivering manufacturing engineering ideas and solutions to improve products or processes, with the relevant technology.
- Develops close relationships with manufacturers and the supply chain companies.
- Maintains broad knowledge of product design, manufacture and assembly techniques.
- Understands innovative technologies.
- Strong understanding of the advanced materials and advanced manufacturing ecosystem in Utah.
- Coordinates and conducts material and chemical testing leveraging both internal and external resources.
- Supports and prepares robust bid proposals and assists in technical writing for RFPs and RFIs.
- Tracks, monitors, and prepares quarterly reports, annual reports, metrics, and implementation assistance in contract fulfillment.
- Supports UAMMI events, including CrossTalk and UDMC Symposiums, in developing agenda and securing speakers.
- Provides mentoring and other advisory services for RAMP accelerator program.
- Authors articles for industry publications and publish technical reports.
- Represents UAMMI in national organizations, including America Makes, ICAMI, SAMPE.
- Is an excellent communicator and public speaker.
- 15-20 years’ experience in advanced manufacturing, including advanced materials (composites, graphene, plastics, polymers, etc.), digital engineering, 3D printing, Industry 4.0, and application of 5G to manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, manufacturing, engineering.
- Record of securing and winning grants and project proposals.
- Academic and research experience.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.