UAMMI CrossTalk Event – Nov 2018
The November 2018 UAMMI CrossTalk event was a free half-day learning exchange event where industry experts shared their latest research and trends in advanced materials and manufacturing. It was held on November 28th in Salt Lake City and consisted of expert presentations, discussions, and networking breaks.
UAMMI regularly holds CrossTalk events to help connect the advanced materials and manufacturing industry in Utah. They are designed for industry employees, researchers, engineers, engineering managers, program managers, R&D teams, management teams, higher education faculty/students and anyone interested in Utah’s advanced materials/manufacturing industry.
Highlights of the November 2018 Event:
- 110+ attendees from industry, government, service providers and higher education.
- Presentations from 6 industry experts on the latest trends, innovations and advances they are seeing within the industry. Speakers included:
- Lyndon Smith – Director of Fibers Marketing & Product Management, Hexcel
- Scott Nielson – Vice President of Engineering, ENVE Composites
- John Manning – Co-Founder & Director of Development, Electrafly
- Adam & Ian Klosowiak – Co-Founders, KLOS Guitars
- Dave Arnold – Director of Manufacturing, DPS Skis
- Keith Stickler – Business Development, Rock West