SDC MentoRSHIP Program
Have you been thinking about getting your company certified as a Women or Disadvantaged Owned Business? Apply to join UAMMI’s Supplier Diversity (SDC) Mentorship Program to get professional support and hands-on instruction with your application.
UAMMI recently launched the SDC Mentorship Program to help streamline the application process and help more Utah companies get this valuable business enhancement certification. Our program will take you step-by-step through the application process ending with your successful submission of the application form.
- Access to federal government contracts, supplier diversity and procurement executives at hundreds of major U.S. corporations and federal, state, and local government entities that accept Certifications.
- Formal and informal opportunities to pursue business with Corporate and Government Members, as well as other Certified companies.
- Access to networking events and programs, procurement opportunities, mentoring, executive education, capacity development programs, and other business tools and resources.
- Eligibility for regional and national awards and recognition.
- Use of Certification Logos as a marketing tool to promote your business and expand your company’s visibility.
- Community of support from other Certified business owners and like-minded professionals all dedicated to the growth and success of Certified companies.
The goal of the SDC Mentorship Program is to provide the information needed for a typical qualifying business to apply for these business certifications, including:
- Identify eligibility
- Identify documentation required for application
- Completion of application steps
- Submission of application to the certification body
Course Outline: 10 WEEK PROGRAM
The SDC Mentorship Program is a 10-week intensive mentoring program immersing companies in a highly engaged and interactive learning experience with experts in the certification process and topical specialists who help participants achieve success in submitting the application.
Classes will be both virtual and in-person over 10 weeks with weekly working sessions, which provides time for the company assignment to complete by the next session. The sessions will include group discussion and breakouts for individual companies.
The intention is to have a group session, one 1-1.5 hour session a week and allow each of the 5 pilot companies to have an individual 30 minute session once a week.
DATES and Fees
Kick Off: Periodic Dates (submit the Expression of Interest be considered for the next cohort)
Company Contribution: $550
Companies eligible for supplier diversity certifications may qualify for financial support and scholarships to attend the SDC Mentorship Program.
Government and corporations have programs with funding set aside for small businesses that have been certified as Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Veteran Owned Business (VOB), and Service Disable Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
The SDC Mentorship Program is designed to help guide companies through the certification process, culminating in submitting the application and identifying opportunities.
Enrollment will be for any manufacturing company in Utah interested in applying for these certifications. UAMMI will work with the Utah-MEP alliance to identify companies that might be interested in this program. Each company is encouraged to bring a team to each session, which includes representative from the top executives, accounting, and legal.
STEP 1 – Complete the Expression of Interest form.
STEP 2 – Certification expert will provide free counseling to confirm certification will benefit your company.
STEP 3 – Receive invitation to register.
For more information:
Dr. Tulinda Larsen
443 510 3566